What is the best 20 minute workout:
Updated: Feb 27
If you are busy, not able to get up early morning or have no time for gym just follow this 20 minute home work out to stay fit and healthy.
1) Jog: in one place for 3 minutes
2) Jumping jacks: 25 reps When landing, bend your knees slightly to reduce the impact on knee joints.
3) Crunches: 15 reps Lie flat on your back with your knees bent. Place your hands behind your head with elbows pointing outwards. Support your neck with your hands. Keep your neck in a straight line with your spine. Flex your waist to raise the upper torso from the floor. Lower yourself until the back of your shoulders touches the floor. Muscle worked: rectus abdominis
4) Glute Bridges: 10 reps Lie on your back. With your hands at a 90 degree angle to the floor, lift your body off the floor to form a straight line, a sort of a bridge, from the shoulders to the knee. The position should resemble a table your hands and legs as the legs of the table and your upper body to your knees as the surface. Hold this position for two seconds. Squeeze your gluteus (butt muscles) and then lower yourself. Muscle worked: Lower back, hamstrings and glutes
5) Step – up’s: 1 minute You will need a stepper for this. Muscle worked: hamstrings, gluteus, quads.
6) Reverse crunches: 15 reps Lie on your back with your hands on your sides. Keep you knees bent. Bring your knees towards your head, till your hips come slightly off the floor. Hold this position for a second, and then lower your knees. Muscle worked: lower abs and obliques.
7) Mountain climbers: 1 minute Get on your hands and knees and raise your knees like a starting block sprinter. Run in that position, supporting your upper body with the palms of your hands. Keep your back straight. Muscle worked: triceps, deltoid muscle, gluteus, quards, hamstrings, calves.
8) Push – ups: 15 reps Muscle worked: triceps, deltoids, pectorals.
9) Squat thrusts: 1 minute Stand straight. Now, drop to a crouch position. Immediately thrust your legs out straight behind on your toes, in push up position, now jump to pull legs back to the chest, in crouching position, then stand up straight, Muscle worked: arms, legs, chest, and lower back. Cool down by walking around, till your heart rate starts getting back to normal, stretch. A minutes rest is needed in between exercise. Proper form is important. Do not hold breath. Sip water during the workout. This workout targets the whole body, improves cardiovascular efficiency and tones and strengthen the body.